PRIVACY & COOKIES
SHIPSELECTOR.COM values the privacy of its website visitors. For this reason, SHIPSELECTOR.COM handles your personal data with care in accordance with the Dutch Data Protection Act.
STORING AND SECURING YOUR DATA
Your personal data will exclusively be stored and processed in aid of services provided to you by SHIPSELECTOR.COM. Any personal data you may provide will only be stored for the necessary amount of time. As regards the processing of personal data, SHIPSELECTOR.COM will maintain adequate security standards in order to prevent unauthorised access to or the modification or loss of your information.
We process your data. Read here why:
- We process your personal data to provide you with our products and services at your request.
- We process and analyze your financial data in order to send you a correct invoice for our products and services and to process your payment.
- We keep your personal and financial data to correspond with you in the event of a necessary rectification.
- We keep your personal and financial data in connection with the retention obligation.
- We store your personal data in order to provide you with alternatives and service in case of a calamity with regard to our products and services.
- We store your personal data in order to comply with the obligations of our industry.
COOKIES THAT SHIPSELECTOR.COM USES
SHIPSELECTOR.COM uses a functional cookie, in order for the website to function correctly. This cookie is called JSESSIONID.
SHIPSELECTOR.COM uses the open source statistics tool Matomo (Previously known as Piwik). This tool gives SHIPSELECTOR.COM insight into the way visitors use the website and makes it possible to improve it. By using Matomo, SHIPSELECTOR.COM processes the data itself and does not supply it to others. The collected data are stored in the EU in an encrypted environment. Matomo uses the following cookies on your computer: pk_ref: This cookie tracks from which website you are visiting the SHIPSELECTOR.COM website. It is valid for 6 months. pk_cvar: This optional cookie is placed on your computer when, for example, you participate in a survey. The cookie prevents you from being asked to participate in the same survey a second time. This cookie is valid for 2 years. _pk_id: This cookie determines if you are a new or returning visitor. This cookie is valid for 2 years. _pk_ses: This cookie determines which pages you have visited on SHIPSELECTOR.COM. The cookie is only valid during that specific visit.
SHIPSELECTOR.COM DOES NOT MAKE USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We explicitely do not use Google Analytics. We find that Google's terms and conditions partially violate EU privacy regulations. That is why SHIPSELECTOR.COM chooses Matomo (previously known as Piwik) as a web analytics tool. Matomo guarantees 100% data ownership. This means that none of your data will be shared with third party organizations. Also we you can make use of the right to be forgotten according to GDPR legislation.